Saturday, November 10, 2007

Finally Sewing!


Certain crafts can be challenging to the urban dweller; sewing is one of them. No matter how efficient you are, you still need a wide open space to spread out. For that reason, my sewing machine has been gathering dust for quite some time (the fact that I usually end up yelling curse words whenever I use it probably didn't help.)


Well, I finally have a set-up that will work in my tiny apartment! I christened it by making an apron for my nephew. It is the Vintage Apron out of Bend-the-Rules Sewing, by Amy Karol. I still wound up yelling curse words, but I made it to the end with something resembling an apron. And the best part is that I am still feeling inspiring to try something else!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh dear. . .that fabric! That Fabric!!! It is fantastic. I love how you can close down your little sewing space lickety-split. Wonderful. Hope you're having a fab. weekend!

Cynthia said...

Can't wait to see what you'll make next.

Dee Light said...

Sewing can be a challenge when you are limited on space. But it looks like you have done a great job of solvoing that problem!!

Such a great apron!!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

You are so right~ you just have to be able to s.p.r.e.a.d o.u.t
That fabric is perfect.

Felicia said...

Congrats! Love the apron :)