Monday, November 2, 2009
Frost Doughnuts is a new doughnut place north of Seattle (Mill Creek). In the picture is a cinnamon-sugar cruller, a pecan, caramelly cake doughnut, and a pumpkin spice. So, so, so very good. Luckily their only shop is a long drive from me.
Clam sauce: this comes from my friend who will hopefully start her own blog, but until then I need to store this recipe somewhere. I couldn't find a way to make clam sauce look pretty in a picture, but I'm posting it anyways...
- 1-2 cans of clams
- white wine
- half and half, cream, evaporated milk, or whatever you have on hand (optional)
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- herbs of your choice (Italian mix, I use 21 Salute from Trader Joe's.)
- lemon zest
- veggies (a handful of frozen spinach thrown in is good, roasted cherry tomatoes were too.)
- cooked pasta
Drain clams and save juice. Saute canned clams in butter. Add garlic and saute until cooked. Add clam juice, white wine, lemon zest, and seasoning. Simmer until reduced a bit. Add a bit of the dairy of your choice. Serve with spaghetti, black pepper, and parmesan cheese.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
There are a zillion different versions of this recipe floating around out there. These are so good that I ended up making them three times in two weeks. Seriously. At least I shook it up a little the last time by filling them with peanut butter. They're not much to look at, but they were really, really good.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- either frozen rolos, or frozen balls of peanut butter mixed with an equal amount of powdered sugar? I can't remember for sure. I added salt to the peanut butter mixture too.
- bowl of sugar and/or pecans
Cream the butter and sugars together, then mix in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix. Chill for half an hour. Then wrap dough around either frozen rolos, or peanut butter balls. Roll balls of dough in sugar/nuts.
Bake at 375 degrees for about 7-9 minutes, until cracked.