Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rolo Cookies





There are a zillion different versions of this recipe floating around out there. These are so good that I ended up making them three times in two weeks. Seriously. At least I shook it up a little the last time by filling them with peanut butter. They're not much to look at, but they were really, really good.

- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- either frozen rolos, or frozen balls of peanut butter mixed with an equal amount of powdered sugar? I can't remember for sure. I added salt to the peanut butter mixture too.
- bowl of sugar and/or pecans

Cream the butter and sugars together, then mix in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix. Chill for half an hour. Then wrap dough around either frozen rolos, or peanut butter balls. Roll balls of dough in sugar/nuts.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 7-9 minutes, until cracked.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just thought I'd let you know that I did an essay on your ice cream cone picture for my principles of design class, comparing it to American Gothic. Thanks :) I guess I'll just call you Mallow in my essay.

Jannett said...

these look really good. :)

Brittany said...

You're back! Yaaay!

These look SO good. Choco-caramel, you can't go wrong

Rebecca said...

omg where was I when you made these?? I need some please!!