Thursday, November 22, 2007

Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato Fries

Happy Thanksgiving! It is six A.M., it is 32 degrees outside, and I am about to head to work...That's right - I will be spending my Thanksgiving at the hospital. For some reason I enjoy being at work during the holidays. It sort of reminds me of being a kid, and going to school at night for a school play or something.(?) Any-hoo, I still need to get my fix of Thanksgiving food:

I love brussels sprouts! These were tossed with melted butter, pecans, salt, and pepper, then roasted in an oven set at about 400 degrees until the were done (browning on the bottom). I had some sweet potatoes that I threw in too. They were good, but nothing compares to brussels sprouts...

4 comments:

Cakespy said...

Brussels sprouts are just about my favorite savory food in the world! What a nice find. It brings my appetite back even after all the Thanksgiving food.

Cynthia said...

Have you ever tried squeezing a little lemon juice on the brussel spouts before eating them? Tart and sweet at the same time :)

Helene said...

Love brussels sprouts and sweet potato fries! Hope you had a good Thanksgiving. It's funny I have always worked on holidays (restaurant or catering) except yesterday and I did not like it...I felt out of place. My favorite time is NY's Eve spent in a restaurant kitchen somewhere!

Emily said...

Happy Thanksgiving! (Late)
You know what? I like brussel sprouts, too. They're great with caramelized onions and crispy Prosciutto.
I adore sweet potato fries, also.