Sunday, November 21, 2010

Chocolate Cherry Cookies



I meant to get a photo of these cookies once I put them out at the potluck, but I ended up completely forgetting. So instead, a picture of the potluck itself!

These are made just like chocolate chip cookies (cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla, and then the dry stuff)

- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 1 2/3 cup chocolate chips (I used a mix of semisweet, milk chocolate, and white chocolate)
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs

Baking them for 9 1/2 - 10 minutes, using my larger ice cream scoop (leveled) seemed to be exactly perfect - chewy, and they stayed chewy even after they had cooled.

No comments: