Saturday, June 23, 2007

I've Been Tagged...

by fellow southerner, Sandi, over at the Whistlestop Cafe!

But first, a picture of one of my favorite places in the world. This is Discovery Park in Seattle. It is huge, and no matter how nice the weather, the place never feels crowded. The park overlooks Elliott Bay. You can walk through the woods down to the water, or picnic on tall bluffs. It is close to downtown, but feels like you are a million miles away, and makes for a really nice bike ride destination.

This is supposed to be 8 Random Things About Me but I am going to have to make it 4 instead - that is all I have been able to come up with!
1) I have two fat old cats (please see photo) that I adopted from my brother. When my niece was born, she turned out to be allergic to the beasties so I took them in.
2) I am a chocolate wuss. Dark chocolate, flourless chocolate cake, "tortes", truffles - it is all too much for me. And if there were a Hostess Ding Dong nearby, I would take that over any of the previously mentioned treats. (I like to think this is because I am one of the "supertasters" I read about in David Lebovitz's book, The Great Book of Chocolate!)
3) I biked across the United States.
4) Singing is my first love. Choral music and country, especially!

Not sure yet who I am going to tag next - I will get back to you!

1 comment:

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Great! Thanks for letting us know your secrets.
Biking across the US is more than a little accomplishment. I can't even bike across my neighborhood.