Friday, May 4, 2007

Granny Purse #1 (with tasty pink lining)

For the record, I don't think I have ever used a "purse" a day in my life. But for some reason I keep finding myself making purses. When they are completed they generally live on the doorknob of my closet. This one is no exception.

I am pretty sure I chose this combination of green and blue because my grandma had a couch made with these exact colors. The yarn is Lion's Homespun. It is a slightly scary acrylic yarn that was perfect for this project. I can't remember where I found the pink innards, but I couldn't resist adding that in too.

I used the pattern for the "Chinese Charm Bag" from Debbie Stoller's Stitch 'n Bitch book. I changed the dimensions a bit, but otherwise followed the pattern. It was basically knit in the round, then the handles and lining were sewn on.

No comments: